At Prime Management Group, Inc., we’re incredibly proud of the work we’ve been able to accomplish over the last several years in areas like Whittier, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Downey and more. Our residents know that they can come to us with all of their needs and that they’ll be well and truly taken care of from every angle. If you’re a business looking for a new location to help continue your ascent into greatness, we’re here for you. If you’re someone looking for the highest quality place to live for both you and your loved ones, we won’t rest until we bring you that goal in the most efficient way possible. We have residents that have been with us for years and have even moved to multiple properties as their current ones would become unavailable.
All of our tenants have access to our convenient online Tenant Portal, allowing them to do everything from pay their rent online with a debit or credit card or to fill out a maintenance request at any time of day or night. Above all else, we want to make sure you’re not only satisfied with your property, but that you’re satisfied with your EXPERIENCE.
Prospective Tenant Rental Screening Criteria
- Applications to rent are processed on a first come, first serve basis. However, if more than one application for the same unit is received within two days, the person with the best credit will awarded the right to rent.
- All prospective tenants eighteen (18) years old and over must complete a rental application.
- Application processing fee is $35.00 per person.
- False or incomplete information by any applicant, supplied on the rental application, will constitute a denial to rent.
PRIME MANAGEMENT GROUP, INC. is an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair-housing laws. Employees are not permitted to make any reference, verbal or written, to a resident or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
UNIT AVAILABILITY POLICY.
Units become available when a resident submits a written notice that they intend to vacate, we issue a notice terminating tenancy or we file a court action because the resident failed to pay rent after receiving a 3-Day Notice. A vacant unit will not be deemed available until it has been cleaned, repainted, and prepared for a new resident. We update our list of available units daily. The list is maintained at the main office and on our website www.primemgnt.com.
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in a unit. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair-housing laws. We allow two persons per bedroom + one. For example, a one-bedroom unit could house three people, and a two-bedroom unit could house as many as five people, etc.
We evaluate every apartment application in the following manner: A prospective tenant must submit a rental application and ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS ON THE FORM. If a question is not applicable, then prospective residents must write N/A. If any information is denied, then tenancy will also be denied. All adults (18 and over) must fill out an application. Use our online portal to streamline the process. The $35.00 non-refundable application fee must be paid. We will determine whether an applicant qualifies for the apartment they are applying for. The applicant’s credit history, employment history and rental references must be checked to confirm that they meet our rental criteria.
Required income verification from all sources. Two most recent original documents from all sources of income, can include: pay stubs, monthly income statements, bank statements with automatic deposits and award letters. If self-employed, copies of last two years Federal tax returns, including the profit and loss statement for both years.
- The total verifiable monthly income combined for all adult household members’ age eighteen (18) or over must equal at least 2 ½ times the monthly rent for apartments and 2 times the monthly rent for single family homes.
- If the household income does not equal at least 2 ½ times the monthly rent for apartments or 2 times the monthly rent for single family homes, a Guarantor may be used to guarantee the rent. The Guarantor must submit a rental application and be processed separately from the applicant household. The Guarantor must have verifiable income of at least 2 times the Guarantor’s monthly rent/mortgage plus the proposed rent. Guarantors must also own a home to be able to qualify.
- An applicant will be denied for inadequate verifiable income to meet rental criteria.
- Bankruptcies must be fully discharged to be considered.
A copy of a Social Security card or verification is required for all adult household members age eighteen (18) and over. All lines of credit for all household members age eighteen (18) and over must be totaled together for the past five (5) years of activity or last reported date.
- The credit payment history for all adult household members age eighteen (18) and over, must total at least 60% positive credit for the past sixty (60) months with no evictions, or foreclosures in the past (60) months.
- If there are no positive or negative Lines of Credit found for all adult household members age eighteen (18) and over, the unit may be rented for a deposit equal to the full months rent.
- An application will be denied for poor credit with a positive credit percentage of less than 60%, court judgments, charge offs, unlawful detainers, evictions or criminal felonies.
APPLICANT RENTAL/MORTGAGE PAYAMENT HISTORY
Three years of favorable verifiable rental/mortgage history from an unbiased source. It is your responsibility to provide us with the names, dates and contact numbers of previous owners/managers. Applicants who are related by blood or marriage to previous landlords or do not have three years of verifiable rental history may be required to pay a higher security deposit.
- The rental/mortgage payment history of the past three (3) years will be reviewed for all household members age eighteen (18) and over. There may be no more than three (3) late payments of NSF’S in the past 24 months.
- If there are more than three (3) late payments of NSF’s in the past 24 months and/or no credit history, you may qualify with an increased deposit up to a maximum of 2x’s the rental amount.
- If there is no rental/mortgage history for the past 24 months for all household members age eighteen (18) and over, you may still qualify if you meet the income requirements.
- Evictions on any applicant’s rental/mortgage history will constitute a denial to rent.
- An applicant will be denied for inability to verify rental history or poor references from previous landlord(s).
WE RUN CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
A COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE OR VALID STATE ISSUED IDENTIFICATION TO BE PROVIDED IF APPROVED.